Saturday, April 17, 2010

cakes april 12th thru 17th

ok so here goes my first post about my cakes for the week!  this was a super slow week for me...only 3 cakes!  i usually average 8-10.  i'm glad when these weeks come along because i need them for my sanity! all 3 of the cake designs this week were pretty much left up to me to decide.  sometimes thats a good thing and sometimes its not.  i tend to overthink things and try to do too much.  but this week i think everything turned out fine.

this was my first one of the week- i wasn't given any direction just that the recipient liked the color purple.  i really intened it to have more flowers but somehow it just didn't turn out that way.





this one was for one of my cousins who was getting his ring from a&m




this was my last one of the week for a special little girl- and i actually finished it this morning before it was picked up at 10:30!  i have decided after doing a few hannah montana cakes that i really don't like hannah montana cakes!  i always try to make each one look different and this one by far was the most unique of my hannah montana cakes.  i angled the tiers downwards and i have never really done that so i think that element turned out well.  my signature swirlies around the side...they can cover up any unsightly frosting job..lol..pink and purple hannah montana i don't think you can go wrong with that for a 5 year old.


anyway so thats all for this week.  thanks for looking and i hope you come back next week to see what i have coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment